Nokia e71 headphone jack problem

Discussion in 'BB5' started by morgiee, Jan 20, 2010.

1. morgiee

morgiee New Member

Hi there, i Have a problem with my nokia E71 headphone jack port. I was recentely listerning to my music on my phone and accidentely dropped the phone, as it fell it landed on the headphone port and snapped the tip inside the port. Now this prevents me from putting any other headphone in, so i would like to replace the headphone port inside the phone so that i can listern to my music again. I have fixed ipods in the past so im familier with small circuit bords and small parts. Is their a guide available on how to remove and replace the headphone port on the nokia E71? and also where would i get a replacement headphone jack port from?

Thanks alot

Daniel

2. morgiee

morgiee New Member

anyone???????????

gogeta126 likes this.
  3. gogeta126

gogeta126 New Member

I have done exactly the same.

Here is what you do:

Open the phone, take out the headphone jack - its just lying there its not attached. When u took it out just take a thin screwdriver or anything and push the headphone in further, the other side will open up(there is a small cover there) and it will come out on the other side.

This is the first time ever i opened up a phone. So you can see how easy it is xD

:thumb:

4. morgiee

morgiee New Member

Cheers mate but i dont know what you mean what you said above in the red? could you explain further cheers or if their is a youtube vis on it?

Cheers

5. gogeta126

gogeta126 New Member

Sorry for late replies, But i dont really visit this forum other than to help people who had the same problem (I found no other solution so came up with my own)

When you take your phone apart, TAKE OUT the headphone jack out of the phone.

See the hole in which the headphone plug is stuck? Take a needle and push it in FURTHER. it will come out on the other side. Then just put it back in :)