MODACO custom ROM update

Discussion in 'HTC' started by ceyad, Mar 10, 2010.

1. ceyad

ceyad Super Moderators Super Moderator

09/03/2010
    NEXUS ONE MODACO alpha 14 desire ROM

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

READ ALL OF THIS POST AND THE ONE AFTER IT!

No, really, read it all. There's important information in here, honest!

What is it?

As you all know, HTC have announced the 'HTC Desire', which is effectively HTC's version of the Nexus One. It shares a lot of the same hardware, but features cool stuff like HTC Sense and other cool apps (such as a camera app with face recognition, touch focus etc. etc.). The product is due to launch in just under 2 months, which means very early Beta ROMs have started to leak. This Alpha release is one such leak.

Alpha? That sounds scary?

Yeah, this isn't even Beta. There's a good chance you won't want to use this as your main ROM, but you might like to check out what's coming down the road. Now that this ROM has been ported to the N1 (and is nearly flawless), ports of future leaks will be a lot easier and a lot quicker to release. When the final Desire release eventually arrives, it should run perfectly on our devices without too much additional work.

So what works?

Almost everything - it's quicker to talk about what doesn't work. Aside from the FM radio, there appear to be no hardware incompatibilities that will cause a problem between the two devices. Even the noise cancelling microphone is functional in this ROM. The only problems with the ROM are related to the fact it's early Beta. The camera application does not yet record at 720P. You'll notice occasional oddities such as setting the wallpaper is best done through the settings app rather than the menu key on the homescreen, but on the whole, the system is pretty usable and very cool. Oh, did I mention Flash 10.1 appears to be present?

See the 'known issues' in the next post for more information.

Tell me about partitions!

The Desire has a different partition layout to the Nexus One, which means some stuff had to be moved from /system to /data. No biggie, and with each Alpha release i'm optimising further to improve the situation. Be aware that this means you must wipe BEFORE installing the ROM and NOT AFTER, or it won't boot. A wipe is strongly recommended before trying this ROM - and remember to nandroid backup first!

What else are you working on for the ROM?

I have deliberately left this ROM un-odex'd, as I know other ROM developers will like to have a play with it (remember to credit your source guys!). Going forward, odex'ing the ROM makes a lot of sense to save space, although it's less of an issue now I have moved the dalvik-cache to the cache partition (as in cyanogen's ROM).

What kernel are you using? Any other tweaks worth knowing about?

The ROM has the usual MCR tweaks (tun.ko, openvpn, busybox, dropbear etc.) and is running a custom kernel by teknologist and myself based on the stock .33 source (check the changelog below for more details). Himem is enabled. The kernel runs at standard clock speeds, uniquely only using undervolt at the lowest clock speeds.

This is great - how can we say thanks?

You can express your appreciation by signing up to a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus Account using PayPal or Google Checkout, as detailed in this post on MoDaCo. As well as donating to support the work that goes into all the various MoDaCo activites, you get cool stuff like free software (there's some great Android stuff coming too!), and ad free MoDaCo site and of course access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchen. All signups are very much appreciated.

Alright, i've read enough, gimme the downloads!

One download, update zip format, apply via Amon_RA's excellent recovery image, remember to Nandroid backup first. You probably won't want to use this as your production ROM yet!

DOWNLOAD MD5: e899843bc5e92c0f5a3d964e70bac8ee

MIRROR MD5: e899843bc5e92c0f5a3d964e70bac8ee

These links use referrer checking to prevent bandwidth theft - if you get redirected to the MoDaCo homepage, try 'right click save as', another browser, or disabling noscript / ad blocking

An online kitchen is AVAILABLE NOW in this post for MoDaCo premium members, which includes all the usual MCR goodies. Rather than uploading the whole ROM every time I tweak it, I may also roll out test fixes through the kitchen before pushing them to the main zip (it's MUCH easier and MUCH quicker with my slow upstream connection). Note that if you install the standard ROM, you don't need to wipe to switch to a kitchen ROM (and between kitchen ROMs!)

One more thing?

To finish i'd like to say 'enjoy playing with the ROM', thanks for your support and here's looking forward to the final Desire release (after a few more Betas) on our beloved Nexus Ones! [​IMG]

2. loexman

loexman Moderator Moderator

keren ouiiii kapan punya ginian ya

3. 4doel

4doel New Member

Mantap. . . .
    :d

4. ariesjava

ariesjava Active Member

Ni opo yo?
    Ada yg mo translate en jelasin?
    Maksute hp jg ato gmn?
    Maklum wong ndeso, g' mudeng bos.

5. feick

feick Well-Known Member Super Member

Buat apa ni b0s.. !! Ga ngerti

6. ceyad

custom ROM adalah update ROM dari ROM original yg sudah di modofikasi agar lebih optimal kinerja dari OS android aslinya.
    dan sudah include software2 yg tidak perlu kita instal satu persatu klo di original ROM (stock ROM)
    custom ROM milik MODACO ini dipergunakan untuk HP HTC NEXUS ONE dengan OS android 2.1 (eclair).

rudik wijaya likes this.
  7. feick

feick Well-Known Member Super Member

0wh beg0n0 y0 0m.. !! Msh newbie jd ttp ga mudeng2.. !! Hehehe

8. raidech

raidech New Member

AKU ADA FILE2 BERIKUT KIRA2 PERLU TDK Y DISINI

TheOfficial_Nexus1_Radio_Update_4.04.00.03_2
    TheOfficial_Nexus1_v1.7.1_update

ilham456 and rudik wijaya like this.
  9. raidech

raidech New Member

Ini ada file aku jg gak tau buat apa

thk

Attached Files:

rudik wijaya likes this.
  10. ame dharmawan

ame dharmawan New Member

skalian nanya masalah update android deh....;)...aq punya HTC HERO versinya masi 1.5
    mau aq update ke versi 2.0/2.1 caranya gmn yach...:D apa perlu download file / update sendiri lewat handlenya..??
    kasi masukan dounkkk.....:peace:

di tunnggu,,,,:loveeye:

11. uakmel

uakmel New Member

hello how z every1 jmmmmmm

12. selvi2306

selvi2306 New Member

Minta tolong dong... g pake samsung galaxy spica udh upgrade dr cupcake ke eclair tp ga tau ada mslh sm flash nya jdnya imei ilank jd 0000 0000 0000 0000
    Tolong infonya..

13. ceyad

repair imei spica bisa menggunakan z3x box atau spt bos.
    dan mohon spy bisa buat thread baru untuk permasalahannya ya.spy bisa dbantu rekan2 yg lain.

14. fyncelll

fyncelll New Member

bos, ni aku ad pasien HTC Dream A7171, cara buka unlock paswood gimana lbacaan di HP sceen looked,:eek: tlg ya , tank bos

15. ilham456

ilham456 New Member

itu buat widget

16. tataki_ueda

tataki_ueda Moderator Moderator

tanya bos-bos..
    apa semua pda yg menggunakan winmo bisa pake android?
    kalo bisa sekalian tutorial instalasinya. tanx