N8 top Flex

Discussion in 'Nokia Hardware' started by IJH87, Apr 16, 2012.

1. IJH87

IJH87 New Member

Does anyone have a solution to repair a broken top flex on the N8 (Vibrator, Camera, headset)?

Thanks in advance

2. berkat cell

berkat cell Moderator Moderator

nokia n8-00 pcb lay-out.

What is less clear .... you mean?
    look over the pcb board and point out the damaged section which, flexi cable break or a third component that you requested is not working

3. IJH87

IJH87 New Member

N8 flex ripped.JPG

Please view attached picture. My question relates to the flex in the red box. If that is physically torn or broken, can it be repaired?

4. berkat cell

berkat cell Moderator Moderator

where you live ..?
    if it is physically torn flexi cable can only be replaced by a new or connect with a detailed explanation of how jumper.hanya in his scheme is not clear.
    try to replace the flexi cable

5. IJH87

IJH87 New Member

Hi thanks for your interest.

I do not mean the "Flexi cable". If you look at the mainboard picture. You have the part of the mainboard that looks like an extension that contains the DC Jack and Vibrator.

There is a short flex which connects this part of the mainboard to the rest. If that is ripped, can that part of the mainboard by replaced/repaired, a new part connected to the rest of the mainboard? Or is it just not possible?

I am from the UK.

6. dj.orion

dj.orion Super Moderators Super Moderator

Part of mainboard picture that u block is ribbon cable or known as flexible cable.
    This ribbon is different from other models, which can be assembled by hand or any equipment.
    That part was manufacturer planted between pcb/mainboard layers n is not possible to repaired, moreover by replaced. Although that part avaiable.
    I'm sorry :(..

7. IJH87

IJH87 New Member

Thanks for your information.